I need to talk about these jeans for a moment. I have tried what feels like a million brands, and these are hands down my all-time favorites. They fit like a dream, have the perfect amount of stretch but retain their shape without getting stretched out, hit at that cropped length, and are perfectly dyed a medium go-with-all-seasons shade of blue. Love love. By Madewell, of course. Exact style here. (size down one from your usual Madewell size)
Talk about a lifestyle change. Things have felt pretty full around here lately. It's a lot trying to merge new baby life with old work life, and I'm sure I will be forever chasing that elusive "balance" and whatever that looks like for me, but I'm slowly finding my rhythm.
I'm on the go with Trey a lot. I'm always curious about how other moms do it, so I'm sharing how I pack my diaper bag today and things that have helped.
1. This diaper bag. Fawn Design makes a great bag. I loved it so much (you might remember it in brown from this post) that I got in black for fall. It can be worn as a backpack or shoulder bag, it's enough space, it has gold hardware not silver, and it's wipeable. I've cleaned spills out of mine so many times already and am so happy about that feature. (They also just released this changing pad accessory kit. It comes with a travel wipes dispenser and a changing mat in a cute case. Brilliant.)
3. Gathre mat. I love the small size as a changing pad. Wipeable and beautiful.
4. Covered Goods Nursing Cover. This product has been a lifesaver. I use it as a nursing cover and carseat cover (We have the Nuna car seat which has a built-in cover so I thought I wouldn't need to use it this way, but I actually use it like this all the time. The Covered Goods cover has better all over protection, especially in the sun.)
5. Solly Baby Wrap. I have two of these, I like to have one at home at one packed in my bag in case I want to carry him while I'm out somewhere. It's lightweight and so much more packable than some of the other carriers.
6. Baggu Mesh Pouches. I love an organized bag, and this is how I do it. I store everything for a diaper change in one (diapers, wipes, changing pad) and my fabric items in another (Solly Baby Wrap and Covered Goods nursing cover). I like that I can see through these mesh pouches so I know exactly what's in them.
7. Suede Pouch for me. I use this Baggu pouch (on sale!) to keep my personal things separate from baby items. I pack my phone, hobo clutch (that I've used daily for 11 years) lip stick, chapstick, and headphones in it for walks. I like having it all in one place so that when I'm baby free all I need to do is grab it and go.
8. Lightweight blanket. So many uses, I like the ones by Little Unicorn.
9. Spare onesie. The simplest outfit change in case of a blowout.
10. Packable grocery bags. In Seattle we have to pay five cents per grocery bag, so I like to have at least one reusable bag on me for when I need to swing by the store when I'm out. My favorite are these by Baggu. They fold up into a tiny pouch so they take up the least amount of room in my bag, they're lightweight, they hold a ton of groceries (up to 50lbs!) plus they're a great price point at $9 and they're ethically made. Big fan.
These are all helping me be on the go with a baby! Would love to hear your favorites as well.
Shared in partnership with most companies listed, product choices and opinions are my own.